The KilnScout-Hardwood kiln moisture meter system has been designed specifically with hardwood mills in mind. Using capacitive measurement technology, KilnScout-Hardwood allows your operation to control the drying process from direct moisture content input. This eliminates the need for spending hours checking oven-dry samples or using a handheld pin moisture meter. Handhelds damage the lumber and only allow you to check the outside boards, rather than the middle of package, where more moisture issues may exist. The result is improved grade recovery, increased throughput and a significant impact on your bottom line.
- Real-time moisture and temperature readings
- Full integration with existing control systems and other SCSFP products
- Advanced monitoring and reporting software
- 17 cubic feet of measurement per sensing point
- Number of sensors is scalable
- Customized email and text alerts on moisture temperature, shutdown, etc.
- Remote monitoring capabilities
- Accuracy up to ± 1% when compared to oven dry
- Advance drying schedules based on real-time moisture content
- Optimize quality and throughput
- Flexibility to measure anywhere in the kiln – 90-foot wireless transmission range
- Actively monitor drying and temperature profiles
- Sensor maintenance requires no kiln down time
- Reduce sample testing
- Dimensions: 7 in (L) x 3 in (W) x 1.2 in (D)
- Weight: 14 oz
- Power: Lithium Batteries, AA x2
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to +203°F
- Radio Frequency: 915 MHz
For our KilnScouts designed specifically for the softwood and European markets, please visit the KilnScout-Softwood or KilnScout-Europe product pages.
Industry Lumber - Request Info