The innovative KilnScout-Softwood system provides the industry’s leading wireless kiln moisture meter for batch and continuous kilns. Using capacitive measurement technology, KilnScout-Softwood allows your operation to control the drying process from direct moisture content input. This eliminates the costly feedback loop from the planer mill and unreliable time-based drying schedules. The result is improved grade recovery, increased throughput and a significant impact on your bottom line.
- Real-time moisture and temperature readings
- Scalable from 1-100 sensors, per hub, that can be placed in one kiln or split between multiple kilns if they are in wireless range
- 17 cubic feet of measurement per sensing point
- Customized email and text alerts on moisture temperature, shutdown, etc.
- Advanced monitoring and reporting software, such as viewing remotely
- Directly control continuous and batch drying process via integration
- Optimize throughput and grade recovery
- Flexibility to measure anywhere in the kiln – 90-foot wireless transmission range
- Actively monitor drying and temperature profiles
- Maintenance requires no kiln down time
- Eliminate hot checks and monitor fire hazard
- Benchmark drying performance by season and species
- Dimensions: 7.09 in (L) x 3.15 in (W) x 1.67 in (D)
- Weight: 19.2 oz
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to +257°F
- Radio Frequency: 915 MHz
For our KilnScouts designed specifically for the hardwood and European markets, please visit the KilnScout-Hardwood or KilnScout-Europe product pages.