Designed for all-purpose use and powered by a NiMh battery that can be quickly re-charged, the Model A8 All-Purpose Moisture Meter permits nondestructive tests for moisture content on most flat, curved, solid or semi-solid materials.
The A8 is ruggedly constructed, easy-to-use instrument with intergrated solid-state circuitry for reliability and long battery life. Its light weight design includes a molded handle with a spring-loaded switch bar that permits testing with either hand.
Finna Group’s patented electrode designs project an RF field into the sample. The RF signal loss due to the presence of moisture is measured and displayed directly as “Moisture Content Percentage.”
The A8 is equipped with four sensitivity settings to provide moisture measurement in the range of 0-35% on most materials. The Zero Suppression feature provides scale overlap in all ranges from 0% to high moisture content
Built-in electrical standards for each range allows for calibration checks at any time by turning a switch, and a built-in adjustment trimmer for each range permits calibration to be reset if necessary. A battery regulator circuit provides constant calibration as the battery discharges.
- Designed for flat, curved, smooth, or rough surfaces such as cones or beams of yarn, rolls or stacks of paper or paperboard.
- Can be used on nearly all non-metallic materials
- The electrode covers a 3″ diameter (7.6 mm) area.
- Electrode Penetration: 3/4″ (1.9 cm).
- Sample calibration curves available for a wide range of materials.